This week I’m talking to Hamilton's Erin Clemons, who recently played Eliza on tour & is the standby on Broadway! We get into that and how Hamilton was the first time she felt that she could truly be herself in a show. We also discuss her journey to embracing a concept of beauty that includes her body type, skin tone and hair texture as a biracial woman and explore ways to engage people who don’t see racial injustice in their daily lives. It's all the things!
Our email (1:05:00) this week is about how to know if your hand sanitizer is safe.
Call Outs from the Episode:
- Jen Waldman Studio
- Erin's Faces Mineral Foundation
- The Person You Mean To Be: How Good People Fight Bias by Dolly Chugh
- Stay Woke: A People's Guide to Making All Black Lives Matter by Candis Watts Smith and Tehama Lopez Bunyasi
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- A Framework for Understanding Poverty: A Cognitive Approach by Ruby K. Payne, Ph.D.