A Deep Dive into Cleansers
Cleanser is a super important part of you living your best skincare life y'all! It does the dirty work of clearing away the dirt, grime, makeup and dead skin cells of the day so you can put your best face forward. We get tons of emails asking how to pick a face wash so if selecting the right fit for your skin feels tricky, read on.
Here are a few things to consider when selecting a cleanser:
- How do you want your skin to feel after cleansing - squeaky or moisturized?
- Are there other skin issues you're addressing that your cleanser can support? ie. active breakouts or overall dryness
- Consider your skintype (oily, normal/combo, dry, sensitive) but feel free to switch lanes. Many people change cleansers seasonally (hot summers and cold winters) or prefer the feel of a cleanser that might be outside their typical skincare type.
- Look for a cleanser that is sulfate-free and fragrance-free - these are irritants that aren't necessary at this point in the skincare game.
If you're looking at ours specifically, they're all sulfate, fragrance and paraben-free. They also all rank a 2 on Think Dirty (0 being the cleanest and 10 being the dirtiest). You should use about 1/2 pump morning and night and the 8 oz. pump will last you about 6 months. So which one is right for you?
If you like a gel cleanser, want to feel squeaky clean, but not stripped, and have oily or breakout prone skin our vegan Clarifying Charcoal Cleanser is your new BFF. Key ingredient call outs are:
- Activated Charcoal (purifies)
- Tea Tree Oil (anti-bacterial)
- Chamomile Water (soothes)
If you're into a gel cleanser but want something a little less squeaky (still squeaks but less so if that makes sense) and have normal/combo skin then you want to go with the Soothing Aloe Cleanser. I use this one in the winter and the Clarifying Charcoal Cleanser in the summer. And in spring and fall I use both :). Special goodies in here are:
- Organic Aloe Vera (calms irritation)
- Gluconolactone (super long name that stands for gentle cell turnover)
- Sodium PCA (hydrates)
Where are my cream cleanser ladies at? The Gentle Milk Cleanser is for you - no foaming, no squeaks, just hydration. It's incredibly mild but effective for dry/sensitive skin that likes to feel moisturized after cleansing. Happy ingredients include:
- Goat's Milk (reparative)
- Organic Coconut (hydrates)
- Organic Fruit Extracts of Lemon, Orange, Bilberry & Cranberry (encourage cell turnover)
Let us know if you have any cleanser questions! You can shoot a note to email@example.com :)