51. Rebelling Against the Status Quo in Beauty with Stephanie Mero
Stephanie Mero is a consumer advocate, certified wellness coach, cosmetologist and curly hair specialist,author, a new mom and she’s featured in Episode 4 of the new series on HBO Max, Not So Pretty, which is all about the hidden hazards in cosmetics.
Stephanie used hair products herself and on her clients which initially were wonderful and then later caused her hair to fall out, causing hair loss and bald spots in both her and her clients. It’s how her advocacy was born and she challenges brands to do better and calls for more transparency. We talked about her experiences with all of that as well as challenges that come with growing up with curly hair.
Number 5 in our top seller list discussion with Josey is our Fruit Smoothie Lip Gloss which makes me so happy because when we launched her last spring I had no idea if anyone would even wear lip gloss with all of the masks!
- Stephanie's main website - www.curlsandhealth.com
- Follow Stephanie on Instagram @steph.mero
- Erin's Faces Matcha Mascara
- Erin's Faces Fruit Smoothie Lip Gloss
- Stephanie's Facebook Group for Hair Damage & Loss
- Stephanie's Youtube channel
- HBO Max Not So Pretty
- Organic Way Haircare (Oway) - see link below
- Stephanie's book – Cracking the Curl Code – a simple guide to effortless hair
- Stephanie's Hair Blog & Oway Hair Product Recs - www.curlpromise.com
- Stephanie's Clean Living Products & Recs - www.toxinguide.com
- Stephanie's petition for cleaner packaging - www.change.org/safepackaging
Leave a comment